The output is supposed to be "b" and "a", "c", "d" but what I got was "c" and "a", "c", "d". At first I thought I have discovered a bug but after reading the documentation it became clear that it is intentional. Turns out it has to do with implementation of Slice described in this blog. So, append modifies the underlying array and since arguments are evaluated from right to left, append is executed first which modified the underlying array to become "a", "c", "d" and then s returns the 1st element of the modified array "c".
We had a nice day at #work today. Some new people joined and we planned a challenging treasure hunt in #wework building for them. Then families of workmates joined us for a logo designing competition. We then played dumb charades and ate Pizzas together.
I exposed my Gitea server to public recently so that I can host my Go packages there and it can still be available to be downloaded by anyone. I still want to keep it private and so I have disabled the registration for now. It is available at git.argc.in.
This project is a very simple webapp inspired by Google's internal “go” system. First time I came to know about this was from this Gitlab thread. Also from the same thread I came to know about an open-source implementation of it at kellegous/go.